We can offer several protections and covers under our Show Insurance policy.
Our three key covers for show and fair insurance are Public Liability, Employers Liability, Event Equipment Insurance and Event Cancellation Insurance.
Each of these can cover various problems which could occur if you are either organising a show, fair or exhibition.
Public Liability Insurance
This is our most requested cover. It is a cover often taken out to satisfy the needs of your venue or local authority.
What our Public Liability Insurance covers:
Under our public liability insurance, we cover accidental bodily injury which occurs to a member of the public, or accidental damage to third party property, as long as it is proven to be as a result of your negligence in connection with the Show, Fair or Exhibition.
The policy will respond to pay damages, claimants costs and expenses as well as offering defence costs.
Our cheap public liability insurance can be in place when you are setting up and have taken occupation of your venue, as well as when your event is open to visitors.
Whjat our Public Liability Insurance does NOT cover:
- Property damage claims which are under £250, as this is the excess of the policy.
- Damage or injuries which arise out of the public handling of animals.
- Damage or injuries arising from motorised vehicles, trailers, plant equipment, or mobile machinery.
- Loss or damage to property which you own, have hired or which you are borrowing or holding in trust. This doesn’t include your hired venue, it relates to items such as marquees, plant equipment or staging.
- Damage to the ground or underground services.
- The liability arising from any 3rd parties you have contracted for the event such as exhibitors, stallholders, food suppliers, performers, staging, lighting, sound, or security companies.
Employers Liability Insurance
An often overlooked level of cover. Employers Liability Insurance is potentially relevant if you have any volunteers, helpers or employees who are working at your event and fall outside of the organising committee.
What our Employers Liability Insurance covers:
Under our Employers Liability Insurance, we provide cover for your legal liability to pay damages, claimants costs and expenses which arise as a result of an injury to anyone you employ at your event including temporary staff, volunteers or helpers. It doesn’t matter whether they are paid or unpaid however, they must be under your control and supervision at the time they sustain an injury.
What our Employers Liability Insurance does NOT cover:
- Any liability in respect of, or arising from a road traffic accidents.
- The employees of any professional contractor or sub-contractor whose services you are employing; the company you are hiring should have their own cover in place. For example, professional security services, caterers or first aiders.
Event Equipment Insurance
Event Equipment Insurance relates to items which you are bringing to or hiring for the event which do not come as part of the fixtures of fittings of the venue.
What our Event Equipment Insurance covers:
Our Event Equipment Insurance cover provides accidental damage, loss or theft cover for the event equipment you are legally responsible for (i.e. hired, leased or owned) throughout the duration of the event.
What our Event Equipment Insurance does NOT cover:
- Losses where the repair or replacement of the equipment is under £250 because this is the excess of the policy.
- Theft where there is no forcible or violent entry or exit from any site; or where items have been left unattended and unsecured.
- Damage arising from the faulty erection, use or dismantlement of temporary structures; for example, Marquees, stages, or lighting rigs.
- Vehicles or livestock as types of Equipment/Property to be insured.
Event Cancellation Insurance
Organising an event can prove to be costly and it is becoming increasingly common for people to look to try to recover their costs if the event they are organising or attending was forced to cancel.
What our Event Cancellation Insurance covers:
Our standard cover provides over for your irrecoverable costs incurred as a result of the unavoidable cancellation, abandonment or postponement of your event for reasons beyond your control.
We also offer extensions to include certain circumstances which are normally not covered. Such as:
- Cancellation because of adverse weather conditions,
- Cancellation because of a performer or person not attending the event,
- Coverage for lost revenue following the cancellation of your event,
- Cancellation caused by terrorism or the threat of terrorism,
These options can be requested and we can look to offer a policy which includes all of or a combination of these eventualities.
What our Event Cancellation Insurance does NOT cover:
- The failure of a supplier where your booking arrangements are not confirmed in writing.
- Any situation which you are aware of, before you take out the insurance, which could be expected to or are likely to cause your event to cancel. This can include medical conditions, the current condition of the venue or the known financial troubles of a supplier.
- We cannot offer any weather related protection if you are looking to take out a policy within fourteen days of the date your event setup starts.
If you are ever unsure about the coverage of our Public Liability Insurance, Employers Liability Insurance or Event Equipment Insurance, you can give us a call to discuss if your stall size or activity is something we can insure. You can also visit our shows, fairs and exhibitions insurance: what we cover page for more information on what is covered
Our Policy wording also details all our exclusions and what we mean by certain terms. It is important that you read this before you opt to take out insurance with us to ensure that you are adequately covered for your event and that our insurance policy meetings your needs.