We can offer several protections and covers under our Exhibitor Insurance policy.
Our three key covers for exhibitor insurance are Public Liability, Employers Liability and Equipment Insurance.
Each of these can cover various problems which could occur if you are either attending a single event or several events over the course of 12 months.
Our single event option offers cover for a single event which can last up to 10 consecutive days. For single events, we can also offer Event Cancellation Insurance as part of a package option.
The Multiple Event option can offer cover for up to 10 events, each can last up to 5 days as standard. If you need more days or more events, let us know and look to offer you a bespoke quote.
Exhibition Public Liability Insurance
This is our most requested cover. It is a cover often taken out to satisfy the needs of your venue, the event organiser or a local authority.
What our Exhibition Public Liability Insurance covers:
Under our Public liability insurance, we cover accidental bodily injury which occurs to a member of the public, or accidental damage to third party property, if it is proven to be because of your negligence regarding your attendance at any event where you exhibiting or have a stand.
The policy will respond to pay damages, claimants costs and expenses as well as offering defence costs.
Our cheap Public liability insurance can be in place when you are setting up and have taken occupation of pitch as well as when your event is open to the public.
What our Exhibition Public Liability Insurance dos NOT cover:
- Property damage claims which are under £250, as this is the excess of the policy.
- Damage or injuries which arise out of a deliberate act, vandalism or is malicious in nature
- Damage to flooring (other than carpeting), the ground or underground services.
- Damage arising from the faulty erection, use or dismantlement of temporary structures (for example if you are setting up a Gazebo, marquee or shell scheme).
- Liability arising from any moving vehicle.
Employers Liability Insurance
An often overlooked level of cover. Employers Liability Insurance is potentially relevant if you have any volunteers, helpers or employees who are working for you on your stand.
What our Employees Liability Insurance covers:
Under our Employers Liability Insurance, we provide cover for your legal liability to pay damages, claimants costs and expenses which arise as a result of an injury to anyone you employ at your event including temporary staff, volunteers or helpers. It doesn’t matter whether they are paid or unpaid however, they must be under your control and supervision at the time they sustain an injury.
What our Employers Liability Insurance does NOT cover:
- Any liability in respect of, or arising from, a road traffic accident(s).
- The employees of any professional contractor or sub-contractor whose services you are employing; the company you are hiring should have their own cover in place. For example, professional security services, caterers or first aiders.
Event Equipment Insurance.
Event Equipment Insurance relates to items which you are bringing to or hiring for the event which do not come as part of the fixtures of fittings of the venue. This is most commonly going to be your stand and your stock.
What our Event Equipment Insurance covers:
Our cover provides accidental damage, loss or theft cover for your stand and additional event equipment you are legally responsible for (i.e. hired, leased or owned) throughout the duration of the event.
When it comes to any stock, we can look to extend the equipment insurance for you, however will only ever cover the wholesale cost of the items, not their RRP.
What our Event Equipment Insurance does NOT cover:
- Losses where the repair or replacement of the equipment is under £250 because this is the excess of the policy.
- Theft where there is no forcible or violent entry or exit from any site; or where items have been left unattended and unsecured.
- Damage arising from the faulty erection, use or dismantlement of temporary structures (for example if you are setting up a Gazebo).
- Inventory or stock taking shortages, unexplained disappearance of stock or discrepancies.
- Items of jewellery, clothing, glass wear, porcelain or which are of a brittle nature, unless greed and acknowledge by us.
Event Cancellation Insurance
Attending an event can prove to be costly: travel costs, accommodation requirement, not to mention the cost of the pitch itself. It is becoming increasingly common for people to look to try to recover their costs if the event they attending was forced to cancel.
What our Event Cancellation Insurance covers:
Our standard cover provides over for your irrecoverable costs incurred as a result of the unavoidable cancellation, abandonment or postponement of your event for reasons beyond your control. This includes cancellation as a result of adverse weather conditions.
We also offer extensions to include certain circumstances which are normally not covered. Such as:
- Coverage for lost revenue following the cancellation of your event,
- Cancellation caused by terrorism or the threat of terrorism,
These options can be requested and we can look to offer a policy which includes all of or a combination of these eventualities.
What our Event Cancellation Insurance does NOT cover:
- The failure to attend an event where your booking arrangements are not confirmed in writing.
- Any situation which you are aware of, before you take out the insurance, which could be expected to or are likely to cause your event to cancel. This can include medical conditions, the current condition of the venue or the known financial troubles of a supplier.
- If interest or attendance in the event is reduced and you opt not to attend.
If you are ever unsure about the coverage of our Public Liability Insurance, Employers Liability Insurance or Event Equipment Insurance, you can give us a call to discuss if your stall size or activity is something we can insure under this policy.
You can also visit our exhibitors insurance overview page for a summary of what our exhibitors insurance offers, our exhibitors insurance cover/premiums page for a summary of our different cover and package options, or take a look at our Exhibitors Insurenace FAQs to find an answer to your questions.